Once you have optimized your website for the best Google search results you can then do stuff outside of your website. Offsite SEO is made up of a few things: backlinks, domain authority, and promotion through social media.
The techniques highlighted in this video include:
- Guest blogging – Write about your content on another website with a link back to your original article. Post your blog with the same quality of work that you would have on your own website!
- Do a Q&A about your topic. This makes you a more reliable source of information.
- Create social media accounts that best fit your website. An example of a good fit would be a photography blogger who also posts their content on Pinterest.
- Backlinks to your site. Paste the desired URL on other sites so users and Google have another way to reach your website. This does not mean that you should spam your link on other blogs. Google and blog moderators can tell a quality comment/ blog post from spam and will delete your post if you spam.
- Work with social media influencers. Match with influencers who already have your desired target audience. For example, if you are trying to grow your blog about football, you might reach out to someone like JuJu Smith-Schuster. Since he is an NFL player, he will likely have a similar audience to you.
Offsite SEO is very important for building your brand. When you frequently discuss a particular topic, you will earn a reputation for it. People will come to you for all the information on that particular subject and Google will recognize that. Once Google sees that you are a trusted source of quality information, your site will fly through the rankings. Your site rankings can also suffer if you are constantly posting poorly written blogs and spamming your site’s URL.
More on backlinks
Link building is widely considered the back-bone of search engine optimization and it needs to be done right. First you should know the difference between do-follow and no-follow backlinks. Do-follow links are those sites that allow crawlers to follow the link you dropped back to your website. These sites provide another way for Google and other crawlers to discover your website. No-follow links are sites that block crawlers from following your link to your website. When manually setting up backlinks for you site, be sure to use use do-follow sites for the best results.
Manually dropping links on other blogs sites is necessary, but it can get tedious after a while. For those who can afford it, there are many Link Building Services that will make your life easier. These services will drop a link to your site on other relevant, quality sites. When done right, link building can be one of the strongest factors in getting your site to rank higher.